Friday 18 January 2013

Snow, Jogging and Looking back at Christmas part 3!

Hi everyone, I thought I would post on this lovely snowy day, as lots of you may be at home in the warmth if you have kind bosses!! Well today I have already had a snow ball fight and helped build a snowman with the children at work all before 9am!It was fab!Now waiting to see if I have to go back later!

I am loving the snow, however I am very disappointed as it means running club will not happen tonight, however we did have running club on Monday and Wednesday, hopefully the snow stops and we can get out over the weekend!

As alot of you may be at home with your children if they are off school, I thought I would finally post the lovely recipes from xmas, (that I didnt get round to putting on)... so you can recreate some lovely treats at home....

Chocolate Bark

This recipe was first created by my mum, as she was browsing the internet one day for some easy chocolate treats to make for a little family gathering. It is so simple yet so amazingly delicious....

Ingredients
  • 200g Milk Chocolate (amount of choc is dependent on size of tray and desired thickness
  • 100g White Chocolate
  • Toffee Popcorn 
  • Malteasers (both the malteasers and popcorn dont need to be measured, you can use as much or as little as you like, its all dependent on the amount of chocolate and size of tray)
  • Other optional ingreds may be mini marshmallows, hazelnuts, rolos
  • Silicone Tray (you can use a normal tray and just cover it with baking parchment)


Method
  • Melt the two kinds of chocolate in separate bowls
  • Get your tray and spread out the desired amount of popcorn and malteasers around the tray (and anything else you'd like)
  • then pour around the melted milk chocolate over and in between the malteasers and popcorn, and spread around if needed
  • next, get the white chocolate, and layer that over the top, using a spoon or knife move the white chocolate around creating a marbles effect.
  • It is now done, and all you need to do is place it in the fridge to set and it will be ready to enjoy
  • Once it is set, it just breaks into chunks (like bark-hence the name)



Chocolate Tree Chocolate Lollies

The second recipe is another gorgeous Christmas treat, which I made and created for Christmas presents for some family members like I did with my Mini Christmas Cakes...I present Christmas Tree chocolate lollies...



   


They were actually made using a choc lolly making kit from 'Morrisons', which my friend actually came across back in November. After doing them once with some friends, I then thought what a fab idea they would be to give as xmas presents. Once made I then wrapped them with cellophane and ribbon. 


Ingredients 
(It did came as a ready made kit, however you could buy everything separately)

  • 200g Milk Chocolate
  • approx 50g cornflakes
  • Icing/or white choc
  • decorations
  • sticks
  • paper cone moulds (you get 6 in pack)
Method
  • Melt the milk chocolate in a bowl, and then mix in the cornflakes
  • spoon into the paper moulds, along with a stick in each and then rest them in mugs or cups and put in fridge to set.
  • once they have set, take out and then cut off the paper and then stand up in cardboard holder (as part of kit)
  • Decorate with icing and decorations and leave to set.
  • Once they had completely set and then wrapped them up and made them look pretty.
I hope you have enjoyed these two lovely treats, obviously the xmas tree kits wont be available anymore, however I'm sure there are different versions in the shops, or you could make your own.




Will have another post very soon, until then...

Happy chocolate eating! xx








No comments:

Post a Comment