Thursday 3 January 2013

Second Day, second blog, yet still first blog!

Morning!

Well after my sister giving my first post a good read...I am going to add the info to this post which should of actually gone with my first...so here it goes....


So the cookies pictured in my first blog...were actually inspired by a friend who had made some similar a few days ago...and today I am meeting up at one of my best friends brand new house with my girls for a chat, look around the new house and a brew, and as I know my girls love cakes and all things sweet, I thought I would treat them to some yummy cookies... (I also remember when we were younger and as teens going into town on a Saturday, we would often go to Millies cookies for a treat or two, so thought this would be fun to do). 


As my first ever go at making cookies..I think they went pretty well. See recipe below. 

Good Food-'Millies' cookies style cookies recipe

The only slight difference to this, is I added a tablespoon of golden syrup for extra tastiness, and instead of choc chips I used 200g of milk choc and simply chopped into chunks....after tasting them, I think I may of gone overboard with the amount of chocolate, however they were still delicious!


Updated Picture editing via my sister using instagram (at the moment I have a blackberry and so I dont have instagram-only a blackberry version which isnt as good)





The second recipe were simple fairy cakes, which I just thought I'd make as I had all the ingredients ready so thought why not. The recipe I found actually made 24, however I didn't want to make that many, so heres how I made them...

Easy Fairy cakes

Ingredients

  • 2 oz Butter
  • 2 oz Caster Sugar
  • 2 oz Self-Raising Flour
  • 1 egg (lightly beaten)
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 tbsp Milk
- For the icing I simply mixed together icing sugar with the right amount of water in order to make quite thick(ish) icing...I then just used pink glitter sprinkles for decoration. 

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180c and line a 12-hole fairy cake tin with paper cases.
  2. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale in colour-then beat in the egg, I a little bit at a time, and stir in the vanilla extract.
  3. Fold in the flour (sieved) a little at a time, and add the milk as required until dropping consistency. 
  4. Spoon into the paper cases.
  5. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown in colour. 
  6. Once ready, take out leave to cook on a wire rack.  
  7. While cooling, make up for your icing, and then they should be cook enough to ice and decorate. 



Original recipe- BBC- Food- Recipes

well that's enough for my second blog (yet still first blog), I still want to blog all previous baking and crafts...so It's going to take me a while to get up-to-date. 







No comments:

Post a Comment